Crown Highways has been striving to improve its safety and environmental systems to achieve formal accreditation, and on Friday 23rd February they have officially achieved their goal.
Crown Highways have been presented their OHSAS 18001 & ISO14001 certifications by QMS Uk.
Crown Highways set out with a strong desire to reduce waste management costs and demonstrate their commitment to protecting the environment. For this objective to be officially recognised as something Crown Highways are committed to, the company needed ISO 14001 certification.
Implementing this global standard will help their organisation comply with increasingly stringent environmental laws and regulations, as well as building trust with customers and other stakeholders.
Crown Highways are faced with the challenge of meeting health and safety obligations. OHSAS 18001 ensures their organisation meets those legal obligations and ensures without doubt, that they have the appropriate techniques in place to identify OH&S risks and makes workplace health and safety a priority.
Some key benefits for Crown Highways of achieving these certifications include:
- Providing clients with the undeniable official knowledge Crown Highways are an environmentally aware, as well as consummately professional organisation to deal with.
- It provides clear OH&S and Environmental processes to best protect staff and increase client confidence.
- Reduce accident rates by identifying hazards in the works they are carrying out.
- Improves efficiency and reduces the environmental impact their works have
- Improves the safety and environmental performance of their supply chain.
- Both processes clearly identify leadership responsibilities in the organisation.
Mike Dale, Managing Director of Crown Highways spoke to us about the company’s achievements:
“We are very pleased to have achieved these accreditations, a lot of work has been done to put the correct, relevant systems in place throughout the company, and the entire team should be proud of their achievements.
“We believe strongly that by having these accreditations, our supply chain and clients will benefit in the knowledge that the company they are putting to work takes safety and the protection of the environment seriously.”